Scone Palace, with its colourful and fascinating history, is considered to be one of Scotland’s most significant stately homes. Situated above the River Tay in the very heart of Scotland, the Palace is just a short distance from the village of Scone and the city of Perth, making a wonderful base for those wanting to explore this beautiful region. Steeped in history, the Palace has been the seat of parliaments, while the Kings of Scots, including Macbeth and Robert the Bruce have been crowned here. Guests privileged enough to be able to stay at Scone Palace will be able to enjoy the marvellous collection of antiques, paintings and unique artefacts which adorn the wonderful property.
The Palace is fantastic for those hosting events or celebrations, while the Palace State Rooms are part of the tour for the general public from April through to October, they are able to be reserved exclusively in the evenings, please see the events tab for more details!
Scone Palace can comfortably accommodate up to twenty-seven guests across thirteen double occupancy and one single beautifully-appointed bedrooms and 12 bathrooms. The bedrooms are set across three parts of the palace, in the West Passage are two twin rooms, two king-size double rooms and a small double room which is suitable for a single person, each of these rooms look out over the Park and possess wonderful views of the Tay. The South Corridor has two king-size bedrooms, one twin room, one double room and two rooms which can be set up as either doubles or twins. Finally, The Balvaird Wing offers three handsomely designed bedrooms, a super-king room and two double rooms.
The Palace boasts over 100 acres of historic Parklands, a fantastic spot for guests of Scone Palace to enjoy exciting outdoor activities such as laser clay shooting, falconry and quad biking! Those who wish for a more relaxed break can simply enjoy a stroll through the grounds while admiring the gorgeous scenery.
NB: Scone Palace is a public attraction and so the State Rooms are part of the tour open to the general public between April and October and so they will be behind closed doors! Guests staying overnight can acess the rooms in the evening when being used for a private dinner. Similarly, the gardens are open to the public and so you won't be entirely alone!
Scone Palace makes a wonderful choice for guests travelling with children. With 100 acres of grounds, there is plenty of room for children to run around and explore in a safe environment. The children are bound to enjoy the adventure playground and unique star maze! For the little ones, cot(s) and highchair(s) are available at the property.
- It is possible to have exclusive use of the Palace State rooms from 2pm for ceremonies and receptions between April - October. (Please note that the gardens, shop and coffee shop will remain open to the public)
- Scone Palace has a variety of rooms and can cater to a range of group sizes, the State Rooms can accommodate up to 110 say guests (+ up to an additional 100 evening guests) while the Murray Rooms can host parties of up to 40 guests
- Please be aware that the minimum capacity for a wedding in the State Rooms is 70 day guests, this is 10 guests in the Murray Rooms.
Events & Conference Facilities
- Business conferences and seminars for up to 60 delegates can be held throughout the year in the Murray Suite, from November - March, the State Rooms offer capacity for 200+ delegates.
- For evening dinners, the State Dining Room can seat between 12 and 24 people, the Murray Suites can accommodate 50 guests while The Long Gallery can seat up to 110 guests.
Please note that a 50% deposit will be due at time of booking.
Pricing includes a Full Scottish breakfast!