You’ll write your own fairy tale from this petite villa in Dordogne. Perfect for a couple on honeymoon, this stone cottage can be a romantic retreat, or just the beginning of the day’s adventures.
After dinner on the covered terrace, the patio leads down to a private Roman-style pool and hot tub for deep relaxation. When it gets late, you’ll retire to the cosy, intimate cottage, bathed in warm light - where lovely memories are waiting to happen.
In the morning if you’d like a refreshing way to explore the local area, take the bikes! Breath-taking scenery and quaint towns are everywhere in Dordogne. Sainte Alvère is the nearest small town (5 km), where you’ll find tennis courts and several restaurants.
To make the most of the region, head to Bergerac (30 km), which sits on the river Dordogne. Here you can learn the history of the region’s wine and tobacco cultivation, and (of course) set off on a world-class wine tour. Dozens of wineries are gathered here - though true oenophiles may also travel to Bordeaux, less than 2 hours away. There's certainly no better way to celebrate love on your villa holiday than with great French wine.
The property is set in the well-known Dordogne region in South of France, a few kms from the towns of Saint Alvère and St Félix de Villadeix.
Here, you will find a plethora of excellent restaurants and lively cafe's as well as sport facilities ranging from tennis and basketball courts, to golf courses, horse-riding centres and swimming pools.
The whole area swarms of tourist attractions and entertaining activities including wine-tasting tours, cruises down the Dordogne river, public gardens and many others.
The Bergerac airport is also conveniently located at approximately 35 km.
Local Activities and Amenities
- Two courts in Sainte Alvère
- Golf Club Chateau les Merles, Mouleydier.
- Watersports: Aqua Parc Juniorland, Bergerac : 4 swimming pools, jacuzzi, solarium, VTT, mini-moto et quad etc. / Sport Nautique de Bergerac /Bassin Nautique de Tremolat at 10k's - water skiing. / Les Etangs de Bos, Audrix, Le Bugue sur Vezere (28k's approx.) Aquatic games and trampoline, 4 toboggans, pedalos, snack bar etc.
- Parc de Loisirs Neufont, St. Amand, 11 hectares of woodland, 4 hectares of lake, fishing, safe swimming, beaches, cafe, free shady parking.
- Beach: Parc de Loisirs Neufont. Tremolat. The River Dordogne.
- Fishing: Lake or river fishing - the River Dordogne
- Horse riding: Centre Equestre la Cavale, Haras de Valences, Eyrenville. / Club Hippique de Bergerac, 118 Rte. Ste. Alvere, Creysse. / La Jumenterie Equitation, Rouffignac de Sigoules
- Local produce market: Vergt - Friday /Tremolat - Tuesday / Bergerac - Wednesday and Saturday / Perigueux - everyday, but bigger markets Wednesday and Saturdays.
- Restaurants: 'Chez Cathy', Ste. Foy de Longas, Tel : 055 322 7631 (must book) / Bistrot d'en Face, Tremolat, Tel : 055 322 8069 / Vieux Logis, Relais Chateaux, Tremolat, Tel : 055 322 8006. Or for wonderful views as well (in fact you'll probably want to eat here everyday of your holiday!) Ferme Auberge de Tremolat, Tel : 055 322 8384
- Pharmacy: Ste. Alvere
- Bank: Ste. Alvere
- Cash machine: Ste. Alvere
- Tourist information: Bergerac, Tel : 055 357 0311. Le Bugue, Tel : 055 307 2048
-Tourist attractions :
Maison des Vins de Bergerac, Route des Vins de Bergerac. 126 producers, visites and degustation.
Gabarres de Bergerac, Sail down the River Dordogne, enjoy the countryside in a more relaxing way!
Aquarium du Perigord Noir, Le Bugue (20k's approx.) 3,000,000 litres of water, 6,000 species!
Abri Prehistorique de Cap Blanc Marquay, Les Eyzies (30k's approx) the only frieze of prehistoric sculptures in the world to be shown to the public. (UNESCO)
'Airparc Perigord', St. Vincent de Cosse
At Excellence Luxury Villas we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. If there is anything you would like to arrange for your stay, please contact the Excellence Luxury Villas VIP Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can usually put you in touch with the right people arrange any of the following:
- Maid service
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Taxi / Car rental
This is by no means an exhaustive list, so please just contact Excellence Luxury Villas VIP Concierge Team to help you arrange any of those little extras that can really make the difference.