Nestled discreetly on the hillside, with stunning views of the bay of Villefranche and St Jean Cap Ferrat on the French Riviera, Villa Mer et Soleil is a comfortable and intimate villa only 2 kilometres away from a village and within easy reach of the beach as well as the beautiful town of Nice.
Villa Mer et Soleil, promises a vacation full of memorable and magical moments. The perfect ‘home from home’ with space to relax as well as offering a perfect base for exploring and enjoying all that the beautiful Cote d’Azur has to offer.
The large luxury Villa is divided into two independent, self contained apartments, each occupying an entire floor.
This is ideal for one or two families or a large group holidaying together.
The ground floor apartment sleeping 6 and upper level which sleeps 4 are also available separately.
- Living-dining room with sofas, satellite TV, music system and wood burner. Doors lead to terrace, garden and swimming pool
- Kitchen with doors leading to terrace, garden and pool. Kitchen well equipped including hob, two ovens, microwave, grill, two fridges, freezer, dishwasher and breakfast table
- Bedroom 1 (in tower) with double bed and en suite shower room
- Landing with doors to front balcony and pool-facing balcony (with spiral steps leading down to the lower terrace)
- Bedroom 2 (in the tower) with double bed, ceiling fan and countryside views
- Bedroom 3 with double bed, ceiling fan and en suite bathroom with corner bath, hand-held shower and WC
- Bedroom 4 with double bed and single bed
- Bathroom with WC
- Bedroom 5 with double bed and balcony. En suite shower room with WC
- Bedroom 6 with twin beds and en suite shower room
- Bedroom 7 with twin beds and en suite shower room (and access to tower bedroom)
- Bedroom 8 with double bed
- Bedroom 9 with double bed
- Shower room with WC
Upper Tower Floor (accessed via bedroom 7)
- Bedroom 10 with circular double bed with canopy
- Wine cellar with table and music system. Honesty bar (for wines)
- Laundry room
Indoor Sports Hall (separate building)
- Gym (with cycling, walking and rowing machines)
- Badminton court
- Pool table
- Table football
- Table tennis (x2)
- Darts area
(NB there is also a cottage adjoining the sports hall with an open-plan lounge and kitchen, two double bedrooms, one bedroom with bunkbeds and two bathrooms. This is only available to rent to château guests but not included in the château rental. Please enquire about pricing).
- Heated swimming pool (with safety alarm and gate) and jacuzzi, open approximately May to end-September
- Al-fresco dining area with gas BBQ
- Children’s play area with swings, ropes and sandpit
- Target style 5-hole golf-course
- 5-a-side football pitch
- Central heating
- Satellite TV
- Music system
- Wine cellar
- Outdoor jacuzzi
- Pool toys
- Board games
- Children’s play area
- Indoor badminton court
- Pool table
- Table football
- Table tennis
- Washing machine and dryer
South of the Lot River, just half an hour from the historic town of Cahors, this château is in a stunning setting surrounded by fifty acres of private grounds with wonderful views of the Lot valley.
There’s a pretty village within a 4km drive with a boulangerie, small shop and post office whilst the riverside village of Luzech (7km) offers further shops and amenities as well as a couple of restaurants and a Wednesday morning market. Luzech’s setting on the banks of two parts of the river is especially picturesque. A little further east, head to a brilliant Base de Loisirs on the Lot with supervised swimming in July and August as well as a river beach, canoe hire, paddle-boarding, pedalos and a play area.
The nearest town is beautiful Cahors (23km), well-known for its historic sights including Le Pont Valentré, now a UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore the medieval historic centre, discover picturesque squares, narrow lanes and some excellent restaurants. The Wednesday and Saturday morning markets are a particular delight selling all sorts of seasonal local produce such as truffles, foie gras and Quercy melons.
Across this region you will be able to visit many vineyards and wineries around Cahors, some of them famous for producing some of the finest Malbec grapes in the world. Private tours and tastings can be arranged.
From May to September take a river cruise along the Lot in Cahors or in July and August you can take a day boat trip as far as the incredibly beautiful village of Saint-Cirq-Lapopie (50km). This village is known to be one of France’s classified ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ and can also be reached in around an hour by car. It’s an enchanting place with flower-filled lanes, little art galleries and delightful shops selling all sorts of artisan products – it’s an area that has inspired artists for many years.
A little closer to home, Puy-l'Évêque (20km) is another charming village, perched above the Lot with its beautiful stone houses and maze of narrow lanes and steps. Take a boat trip along the river from here and hire canoes or pedaloes. Market-lovers should visit on a Tuesday morning; other wonderful markets in the area include Montcuq (17km) on a Sunday morning and Prayssac (15km) on a Friday.
There are many historic châteaux to visit in the Lot-et-Garonne from the incredible ruins of Château de Bonaguil (38km), the pretty gardens and surroundings of Château de Fumel (40km) and the especially beautiful Chateau de Gavaudun (50km).
Other classified ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ that can be reached in under an hour include Monpazier (54km) and Monflanquin (55km) or head further north to the Dordogne river with Domme (55km), La Roque-Gageac (56km) and Beynac-et-Cazenac (63km). Take a boat trip along the river, hire canoes, explore Farmer’s markets and discover the glorious landscapes of the Dordogne.
Rocamadour (70km) is another outstanding place of natural beauty with its perfectly preserved town built on the edge of a cliff, perhaps combined with a trip to charming Gourdon (49km), one of many gorgeous towns of the Lot region.