Nestled in amongst mature trees on the beautiful, westernmost stretch of Lisbon Coastline, Villa Donatela is a luxury villa and pool set in thirty-five acres of private garden and woodland.
For groups of up to sixteen people, this large and traditional Portuguese villa offers stylish living and sleeping accommodation across two floors, with spectacular views of the sea from most windows and vantage points across the estate.
The spacious living-dining-kitchen area on the ground floor is undeniably stylish and modern. Light floods in from the patio doors which lead out to the vast garden, which is just waiting to be explored. Also found on the ground floor, you have a double en-suite bedroom, two further bedrooms with twin beds, a bathroom and separate toilet.
Move upstairs to discover your second, equally impressive open-plan lounge and dining room. Featuring an eclectic and charming mix of furniture, while still shared and friendly, this space lends itself to mingling and relaxing in smaller groups. Or, for finding your quiet corner.
This floor has its own fully equipped kitchen and dinners prepared here will most likely be taken out through the large glazed doors to your fabulous wooden-decked, dining terrace. Why not hone the outdoor, private villa lifestyle to perfection by dining al fresco morning, noon and night? When in Portugal…
There are four bedrooms on the first floor, including a twin room, double room, children’s room with two sets of bunk beds and a room with two single beds. You also have four bathrooms for all guests to share. Villa Donatela can provide two more single beds, to be added to the double bedrooms.
Villa Donatela’s outside space is jaw-dropping. Not only do you have a beautifully maintained lawn and garden, but you also have a fabulous private pool. It’s set away from the house on a small plateau of grass, fringed with Mediterranean plants and pine trees. This peaceful, secluded area is all yours for sunbathing, snoozing, reading, playing and swimming in your private pool. It also benefits from quite beautiful views of the sea.
Finally, and quite incredibly, at Villa Donatela you have thirty-five acres of private woodland to explore. If you’re dreaming of a villa that will transport you away from it all, you’ve found it.
Beyond Villa Donatela, Sesimbra is just a short drive. A perfect day out for all the family, it’s also a must for seafood or wine enthusiasts. There’s a beautiful choice of beaches within easy reach of your private villa, including sheltered bays and dangerous surfing hotspots. Nearby beaches offer a range of other water-sports, including windsurfing and kayaking.
Located on the western headland of this arching stretch of Lisbon Coastline, Villa Donatela is set four kilometres up from the beach at Baleeira. With the luxury of thirty-five acres of its private garden and woodland, guests at Villa Donatela have their estate to explore. This picturesque, tranquil, green landscape is yours to walk, cycle or run through whenever you wish. Set off from your back garden along one of the trails leading all the way down to the ocean.
Alfarim is your nearest town, with everything you may need including shops, banks, chemist and supermarket. For meals out, it’s worth driving a little further to the principal town of Sesimbra. Just eleven kilometres away, this delightful and popular tourist destination is well-known for its seafood and fish delicacies.
Follow the locals to the best family-run marisqueira restaurants, tucked away down alleyways in the town. Serving up freshly caught fish from Sesimbra’s fleet, you won’t be disappointed. You’re in the heart of the Setubal wine region here, so wine tours and tastings can be booked easily from the town centre.
Praia da Baleeira is four kilometres from Villa Donatela. Being one of the most sheltered beaches along this stretch of the Lisbon coast, it’s ideal for families as you also have the interest of the working port and quayside running alongside it.
For crashing waves and surfing skills, head to Praia das Bicas or the beaches at Sesimbra and Portinho de Arrabida have some of the best diving excursions in Portugal. You could also try your hand at sailing, windsurfing or canoeing at the water-sport centres nearby.
If there are any golfers in your party, they can choose from four championship-standard eighteen-hole courses within thirty kilometres of Villa Donatela. Quinta do Montado and Troia are your closest.
Villa Donatela’s location is perfect for enjoying everything the Lisbon Coastline has to offer. There’s so much to discover on the doorstep of your luxury villa. The pleasant town of Sesimbra, a choice of beaches, restaurants, golf and water sports are all within a short drive.
Excellence Luxury Villas we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. From private chefs to babysitters we can help you arrange those little extras that make it a truly memorable holiday. Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact Excellence Luxury Villas Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Babysitting/childcare services
Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact Excellence Luxury Villas Concierge Team.
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfill your requests!
What we like:
• You have care-free views stretching out to sea from your private pool and outdoor dining terrace on the first floor
• Not only does your private pool enjoy stunning sea views, it’s also surrounded by lawned garden and mature plants making it both picturesque and intimate
• Villa Donatela has two, quite huge living-dining areas, one on each floor. Both serviced by a well-equipped kitchen, there is more than enough space here for groups as large as eighteen to share a holiday in style
• Incredibly, you have thirty-five acres of private garden and woodland to explore!
• There are two wonderful beaches within a few kilometres of Villa Donatela
• For a delightful day trip, travel to the coastal and gastronomic town of Sesimbra, just eleven kilometres away
Sesimbra is a delightful beach resort, which is adored by the Portuguese. The town is a popular holiday destination that offers outstanding beaches, excellent restaurants and a lively, social holiday atmosphere. Even being a bustling resort town, Sesimbra has retained its fishing heritage, with a busy fishing harbour and family run seafood restaurants, for which the town is renowned for. Along with the glorious beaches and lively nightlife, there is a surprising amount to see and do in Sesimbra, and the town makes for an enjoyable day trip from Lisbon. This guide will detail the most popular activities and sights of Sesimbra, either for a day trip or as a holiday.
Top 5 Things to do in Sesimbra
• Relax on the beautiful Praia da Califórnia beach and bath in its crystal-clear waters.
• Hike up to the Castelo de Sesimbra, with it’s wonderful panoramic views of the town.
• Eat a delicious meal of freshly caught fish and shellfish in a family run Marisqueira restaurant.
• Kayak (independently or as a tour) along the dramatic coastline of caves, grottos and secluded beaches.
• Join a dolphin watching boat tour, searching for the Bottlenose dolphins which live in the Sado Estuary.
• Arrabida Natural Park Kayak and Caves Tour.
Top 5 Sesimbra holiday activities
• Visit the wild and dramatic Cabo Espichel headland, with its unique church, lighthouse and dinosaur footprints.
• Go wine tasting at José Maria da Fonseca or Bacalhôa Vinhos, in the heart of the Setubal wine producing region.
• Hike/cycle through the hills of the Serra da Arrábida.
• Admire the Portinho da Arrábida coastline, which includes Portugal’s most beautiful beaches
• Have a day trip to Setubal, a characterful but gritty fishing port city.