The stunning Grade II listed Elizabethan Manor is exquisitely nestled in the ancient Village of Pulborough, West Sussex. Sophisticated and unique, this recently refurbished manor beautifully blends medieval features with a chic and confident design. Guests can expect a wonderful fusion of old and new; period features are dotted around the home with modern finishes.
It feels more like a boutique hotel than a historic home. The house has an aura of seclusion and intimacy, with its welcoming interior, walled gardens, grass tennis court and heated private swimming pool. For those in search of an exciting day out Goodwood, Arundel Castle, the market town of Petworth or the South Down National Park are all within easy reach.
The Manor was built in 1252, has the “oldest dovecote in Europe” and the largest tudor inglenook in the country. The interior is glorious; the ground floor is adorned with dark oak, working fireplace, exquisite paintings, antiques and the pièce de résistance –the medieval windows in the kitchen. The stylish fitted kitchen has been thoughtfully designed with antique and modern cabinetry, grey marble top surfaces and Aga– perfect for whipping up a feast. The spacious dining room and drawing room share a remarkable stone fireplace, opulent chandelier, and views into the walled garden and BBQ terrace. There is a further living room and snug located on the ground floor proving ample space and privacy for all.
The first floor consists of two double bedrooms with en-suites and two further double bedrooms which share a stunning family bathroom with copper roll-top bath. The master bedroom located is in a separate wing of the property, with a king-size bed, spiral staircase and en-suite bathroom boasting a cooper roll-top bath in the eaves of the house. The second floor boast two further bedrooms which are ideal for teenager with a shared family bathroom.
Outside guests have 1.4 acres of grounds to relax in. You can soak up the sun from the terrace, take a refreshing dip in the heated pool or enjoy a game of tennis on the grass court. The immediate countryside is lovely, providing a rich mix of activities, marvellous walks, riding and golf.
Many visitors are attracted by the graceful atmosphere and momentous associations of the area. There are many nearby attractions including historic houses to visit such as Petworth House, Parham House and Arundel Castles. Goodwood and Cowdray Estate are within easy reach for special events. While the beautiful Sussex coastline can be reached in less than 40-minutes, the beaches of West Wittering and Bognor Regis are ideal for families, while hugely popular Brighton with its trendy eateries and famous shopping in the “Lanes”, is less than an hour away.
The Elizabethan Manor is both an idealistic weekend retreat for those wishing to escape from the hustle and bustle of London, and a perfect base for an active mini break.
- Entrance hall
- Fully equipped Kitchen with breakfast table seating 7
- Drawing and Dining Room with seating for up to 14 guests and a magnificent stone fireplace
- Living Room with working fireplace and comfortable seating
- Snug/ cinema room with large TV
- Bedroom 1: Sky blue bedroom with double bed and en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 2: Lulworth blue bedroom with double bed
- Bedroom 3: Powder white bedroom with en-suite shower
- Bedroom 4: Alabaster white bedroom with en-suite shower
- Family bathroom with bathtub
- Master Bedroom with king size bed, beamed ceiling and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 5: Winter white bedroom with double bed
- Bedroom 6: Small double bedroom, ideal for teenagers
- Family bathroom with bathtub and handheld shower
- 1.4 acres of grounds
- Walled garden with BBQ terrace
- Private heated outside swimming pool (the pool is 10x8 m and open between May - September)
- Grass tennis court