£7,105 per week
Chateau De La Porte
£9,823 per week
£31,500 per week
Sleeps 12 - 30
Re Loch Tay, let me know re cancellation and I will leap in and hold.
We'll get this booked on Monday.
Chateau De La Porte
Chateau De La Porte is an C18th Chateau equipped with C21st pleasures! Designed for entertainment, the chateau is south facing with large windows giving each room a bright, warm and comfortable feel, overlooking the French gardens and pool area.
With 1000m2 of living space, 7 reception rooms, 7 luxurious bedrooms and 3 delightful children's bedrooms, sleeping up to 14 adults and 3 children, the chateau has been redecorated and furnished with period flair and taste. Chateau De La Porte is surrounded by over 7 acres of manicured private gardens with a heated swimming pool, 7 seater Jacuzzi, sauna, magnificent French gardens with fountains and marble statues, Japanese gardens with pond, a C14th moat, barbecue and outdoor dining in the conservatory.
The chateau has atmospheric lighting both indoor and outdoor with a surround sound system that augments the romantic atmosphere. Enjoy champagne in the Jacuzzi after dinner!
Chateau De La Porte is set in the heart of a Loire Valley village, making it the perfect base to explore the famous vineyards, chateaux and even the Atlantic beaches.
- Entry Hall with double staircase and colonnades.
- Dining Hall with huge fireplace.
- Sitting room, perfect for afternoon tea (or champagne).
- Office room for those who need to stay in touch with the outside world (computer, Wi-Fi, copier & printer).
- Pool/Snooker room, perfect for a game and a cognac.
- Music Lounge, Napoleon style sitting room with gilded and painted wall decor and a baby grand piano.
- Winter Lounge with plasma TV, comfortable seating and ceiling to wall paintings.
- Kitchen with 2 pantry rooms and fully equipped with: microwave, 2x fridges, freezer, hob, grill/oven, washing and drying machines, dishwasher.
- Medieval library
- Cocktail room with fabulous whisky collection.
All the bedrooms are spacious and have brand new mattresses, bed linen and towels. Each has its own authentic decor and furniture.
- Family suite with double king poster bed, adjoining a single child's bedroom (with space for a cot on request), bathroom and 2 walk-in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 2 with king-size 4-poster bed, en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 3 with king-size 4-poster bed, en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 4 with king-size 4-poster bed and en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 5 with 2 single beds.
- Playroom (leading to bedrooms 8 and 9)
- Dining room
- Bedroom 6 with double bed
- Bedroom 7 with twin beds
- Bedroom 8 with single bed (children's bedroom)
- Bedroom 9 with single bed (children's bedroom)
- 7 acres of lush gardens surrounded by an ancient moat.
- 40ft heated salt-water swimming pool with child area surrounded by palm trees.
- Pool terrace fitted with designer sofas and deck chairs.
- 7 seater Jacuzzi overlooking the pool and the chateau.
- Terrace by the dining room for aperitifs.
- Conservatory with outside dining table and Webber barbecue.
- Antique gazebo overlooking the French gardens.
- 14th Century moat and stone bridge
- French manicured gardens with water fountains, sculpted trees, roses and lavender bushes.
- Japanese exotic plant garden with Koi fish pond, bridge and sculpted marble bench.
- English park with magnolias, hortensias, rhododendrons and rare ancient trees.
- Fruit orchard.
- Tree house in the old hollow oak tree
- Remote control large entry gate.
- Brand new sauna
- Large Gym & showers in the outbuildings
- Large yoga room & dance studio all equipped
- Complimentary bicycles for adults and children
- Brand new outdoor ping pong table
- Renovated South & West facades & lighting
- Sonos sound system on all ground floor rooms
- All lounge rooms renovated & decorated in period style
- Animals which will entertain all ages (peacocks, ducks, black swans on the moat, 10 parakeets)
- Lots of fruit trees (cherries, apples, pears, figs, kiwis, apricots, plums,) and bushes giving berries, which are wonderful throughout the year from spring blossoms to picking time
- 1,500 trees and plants, including 300 flowers and new marble statues throughout the estate
- Zipline between trees for children to enjoy
- Professional cleaning room (professional washing machine, dryer and ironing board) in the outbuilding, as well as a laundry room in the chateau
The nearest airport is Nantes (60km). The nearest train is Chemille or Cholet (10km). The Loire Valley is well known for its impressive fortresses, beautiful palaces (over 5000 of them!) and vast vineyards. The closest include Brissac, Serrant, Angers, Saumur and Villandry. There are many beautiful medieval villages set in vineyards such as Breze/Anjou, Clisson/Muscadet, which are all within 30 mins to 1 hours drive away.
Just 15mins away is a quality 18-hole golf club. 1.5hours in the car will take you to the beaches and small picturesque Brittany seaside fishing villages. The chateau itself is located in a small village with restaurant, bakery, post office, tennis court and other services. The Chateau is 15 minutes from main shops and a large shopping mall.