Set within verdant Pays du Bocage hillsides near the timeless village, this chateau in the Pays de Loire is an independent wing of an enchanting medieval castle and dates back to the time of Louis XIII. Though a wonderful family holiday retreat, it also makes for a truly a spellbinding wedding venue.
Blending modern day comforts with old-world features, the Chateau Des Poetes Pavilion provides six elegantly designed bedroom suites across two floors, including special accommodations in a converted 17th century defense tower, and an impressive king suite with a separate entrance and kitchenette.
Among such an extravagant setting, guests will still feel at home in the cozy living space beside the ancient stone fireplace and while enjoying meals made in the open, modern kitchen in the traditional dining room opening to the terrace.
With 15 hectares of parkland, gorgeous French gardens surrounded by ancient castle ruins, and a luxurious pool within the vast estate, a stay at this French chateau is sure to captivate. If hosting a large-scale wedding, consider renting the second castle wing, Chateau Des Poetes Keep in tandem with the Pavilion. Also, be sure to visit the famous Puy du Fou theme park - it's just 8km away.
The owners live in the main part of the castle and they rent 2 historical wings of the large castle: the XVIIth century Chateau Des Poetes Keep and (or) the medieval Chateau Des Poetes Pavilion. Each house has its independent entrance, a private garden or terrace. Please contact us for further details.
Note: advertised prices are based for up to 12 guests. The Pavilion sleeps up to 16 guests in extra beds in the bedrooms at a surcharge of €80 per person per week. The owner allows a maximum of two small children/babies and up to three older children/teenagers.
- Entry hall
- Large dining room with a table for 12 to 15 guests located in the corner tower and opening up into a terrace. This room stands out for its canoniere, an opening in the thick walls dating back to the 15th century which was used for defense purposes.
- Well equipped American Style open plan kitchen
- Laundry room
- Guest toilet with sink
-Magnificent living room located in the corner tower featuring wood beams and an ancient stone fireplace.
- Five elegant bedrooms and three bathrooms:
Alcove: double bed (160cm x 200cm), sofa, shower and adjoining WC
Charette: double bed (160cm x 190cm), a sofa bed and sink - bathroom is shared with Alcove
Rose: double bed (160cm x 200cm) with en suite bathroom
Trianon: small room with a French bed (140cm) - bathroom is shared with Rose
- Le Figuier: sleeps 2 with shower and WC (extra beds can be requested - surcharges apply)
Logis ST Michel (45m2 apartment with separate entrance) - ground floor
- 1 king size bed (200x200cm)
- 1 sofa which can be transformed into 2 single quality beds.
- En suite Italian bathroom with shower and WC
- Mini kitchen area
- 3 windows with stunning views over the hills and the vegetable garden.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Top quality bedding, blankets and sheets
- Free WIFI
- Dishwasher, large professional oven, refrigerator, microwave, expresso coffee machine, tea kettle, etc.
- Separate laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- Central heating
- Wood for the fireplace
- Baby cot
- High chair
- Heated pool with security gate, open from June to end of September
There is a village close by where you will find a bakery, chemistry and supermarket (open every day till 7.30 p.m and on Sunday morning).
There is a tennis court in the village which is within walking distance. There are excellent golf courses and horse riding possibilities within 15-25 minutes from the castle. The owner even has their own two horses in the field which experienced riders may ride on request.
If you wish to try local restaurants, we recommend taking a short trip to la Bergelière (menus from 20 euros per person), Les 3 Piliers (5 km) or Auberge du Mont Mercure (2km).
On your request we can arrange grocery delivery directly at the chateau!
Did you book tickets for the famous puy du fou situated at 8 km? It is a must and we can help you get the ticklets for the night show.
Nantes International airport is 70km away. Trips to the famous Loire chateaux and vineyards are also possible.