Villa Udom is a majestic home emanating Thai heritage style; teak carved interior and elegant living spaces, nestled in the cliffs overlooking the sparkling Andaman Sea, on the tropical paradise of Koh Yao Yai. A dazzling selling point that makes this home just a little bit more special is its very own seawater pool! Bringing the sea to this private ocean view home adds to its tropical allure.
Stepping out into guests private little sea will be a unique experience, while seawater is known for its many health benefits to the skin, immune system and circulation.
At Villa Udom, luxury meets authentic Thai style, while impeccable attention to detail signals a seamless stay; from soft fluffy robes and slippers, luxe toiletries, immaculate services, fine dining and crisp, quality bedlinen. All the contemporary comforts such as flat-screen television, wifi, coffee machine and private jacuzzi for an indulgent touch.
The outdoor living spaces are styled to perfection; executed for long and lazy days gazing at the ocean panoramas, reclining on the day beds or refreshing poolside drinks while the sunsets. Even bathing is a unique experience at Villa Udom - with a stunning outdoor bath, poolside terraces and views at every turn, day-to-day living becomes majestic.
Airy interiors and regal proportions set the scene for a holiday of a lifetime, while sedate touches, ethnic styling, dashes of timeless glamour, his and hers sinks, distinguished four-poster beds, billowing drapes and fine quality linen add an unbeatable graciousness.
This finessed abode is a chic retreat, a dreamy choice, set perched on a clifftop surrounded by the glittering ocean, enjoying the best of resort amenities, while offering unbeatable tranquillity.
Ko Yao Yai is an undiscovered Thai island in the Andaman Sea, halfway between Phuket and Krabi, yet far quieter and less busy than both of these. This tropical paradise is known for its pristine sandy beaches, luscious mangrove forests, rubber and coconut plantations and sleepy fishing villages.
A far cry from the neon lights and bustling nightlife strips of Phuket and Krabi, it has nothing by way of nightlife, although has excellent seafood restaurants run by friendly locals and offers a taste of “real” Thailand.
There are many hidden beaches to discover; some livened up by local children playing, with fishermen hauling in their catch of the day, while the better-known ones include Loh Paret and Loh Jark; the latter has an attractive pier for ferries and long-tail boats and the surrounding waters are rich in coral and dotted with dive sites.
Snorkelling, diving, boat trips and sea kayaking are all excellent ways to enjoy this beautiful island’s surrounding ocean. Hiring a scooter is an excellent way to imbibe the local culture and pace of life while stopping off for a seafood lunch, followed by a pause at Son Bay Beach will round the day off perfectly.
At Excellence Luxury Villas we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. From private chefs to babysitters we can help you arrange those little extras that make it a truly memorable holiday. Simply fill in the
concierge request form or contact Excellence Luxury Villas Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Babysitting/childcare services
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
Our eco-luxury resort comprises of 39 teakwood pool villas and 109 deluxe rooms that blend in perfectly with the natural mountainous surroundings and offer a rare, private stretch of beach frontage. Unrivalled guest facilities include a spectacular waterfall swimming pool, an indulgent spa offering a range of pampering treatments, and world-class restaurants serving the absolute best in Thai and global cuisine.
Facilities & Activities
- Ayurvana Spa ⇒ Ayurvana Spa combines the essence of nature and purity in its masterful signature massages, body scrubs, wraps, facials, bath, and spa packages for everlasting tropical indulgence.
- Beach Massage ⇒ Nature-inspired beach massage with perfect surroundings of picturesque mountainous scenes and handcrafted timber.
- Cooking Class ⇒ We offer our guest the opportunity to explore Thai culture through the culinary practices of traditional Thai cuisine. We collect and introduce the necessary ingredients for guests to develop your cooking skills and the myriad of flavour combinations Thai cuisine offers.
- Muay Thai ⇒ Muay Thai has a long history in Thailand; it’s an ancient martial art and arguably one of the kingdom’s most striking national icons. Santhiya Koh Yao Yai Resort & Spa has friendly, qualified and experienced personnel ready to teach you different techniques and combinations.
- Thai Classical Dance ⇒ Thai Classical dance dates back more than 500 years when the area of present-day Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos was ruled by various kingdoms, one of the most notable being the Kingdom of Siam.
- Kayaking & Paddle Baording ⇒ Kayaking and Paddle Boarding are great cardio exercises and must-do beach activities for experiencing the stunning emerald waters and sceneries surrounding the resort. There are only a few activities that offer this high intensity of aerobic exercises.
- Weddings ⇒ With exquisite teak buildings and sparkling cerulean waters for a backdrop, Santhiya Koh Yao Yai Resort & Spa offers sublime settings for a memorable wedding celebration.
Restaurants & Bars
- Chantara Restaurant ⇒ Santhiya Koh Yao Yai Resort & Spa’s signature Chantara Restaurant offers a delectable array of gourmet Thai cuisine.
- By The Sea Restaurant & Bar ⇒ By The Sea Restaurant & Bar serves up sumptuous culinary offerings with an a la carte focus on gourmet Thai delicacies, fresh and succulent seafood, as well as international classics.
- The Titan Grill ⇒ The Titan Grill offers a casual respite from fine dining. Located adjacent to our pristine beach, this oceanfront venue serves simpler food that can be eaten on the spot in one of our sun loungers or taken away to one of the immaculate views available across the resort.
- Saaitara Restaurant ⇒ Perched above Phang Nga Bay, this restaurant offers a breathtaking panoramic view of the Andaman Ocean that will surpass all expectations.
- Jetinn Teppan At Pier ⇒ Perched above the soothing waves at the far end of the resort’s private pier, Jetinn Teppan at Pier offers guests an up-close encounter with tropical bliss.
- Khantok Thai Cuisine ⇒ Khantok is a pedestal tray used as a small dining table by Lana people. Khantok dining involves different food, depending on social status.